Here are some of our favorite photos from the trip (each photo is a thumbnail linked to a higher quality picture.):
1) For the seventh time Krista, Jonna and Alan went out for a nice meal to celebrate the two lady's February birthdays. This year we chose Burmese food at Mingalaba in Burlingame. Yummy food and a warm atmosphere made for a find birthday celebration.
2) The next day Jonna went to a flea market on Treasure Island with her friends Josephine, Krista and Wendy. They enjoyed a bit of sunshine, a bit of shopping and a lot of catching up. Afterwards, they headed out for a Dim Sum lunch in Emeryville.
3) Saturday evening Jamie, Brianna and Rosie took Jonna and Alan for an evening hike through the redwoods behind the Chabot Space & Science Center.
4) Sunday, on Jonna's actual birthday, Jamie drove us down to Santa Cruz so that Jonna could have a birthday brunch with her brother, her nephew Larkin and her nieces Brianna and Rosie. We had another fine meal, this time at 515 Kitchen & Cocktails just off the main drag in Santa Cruz.
5) Jonna's final birthday wish was to walk on a beach, so we drove back from Santa Cruz to San Francisco via CA-1 along the coast. Along the way we stopped at Scott Creek Beach so that Jonna could stick her toes in the sand, breath the salty air and stare out across the Pacific Ocean.
6) We all enjoyed the beach, even if the cool temperatures and stiff breeze limited our time on the sand. But we still had time to have a bit of fun, including this shot of the ladies all jumping for joy.
Return to Alan and Jonna's Travel Page
Return to Alan's Home Page