Here are some of our favorite photos from the trip (each photo is a thumbnail linked to a higher quality picture.):
1) Rosie, on one of the hillsides at Plumas-Eureka State Park. In the past we've sledded here but, as you can see, there just wasn't much snow in the Sierras this year.
2) It took some work but we finally found a tiny little trip of rock hard ice that was slippery enough for a single sled run. Here, Jonna does a token run, just to keep up the tradition of sledding on our annual Johnsville excursion.
3) The warm, sunny weather did provide nice lighting for a family photo. Here are Rosie, Jonna, Jamie and Brianna catching some rays in front of the old ski lodge at Plumas-Eureka State Park
4) For New Year's Eve day Jamie took Jonna and Alan out for a hike through the nearby forest. We left from the cabin and after just a short walk we were up in the majestic redwoods. It was icy in spots but it was still a beautiful trail.
5) In addition to being a scenic hike it also had the advantage of being empty. We didn't see a single soul while we were out.
6) Our final trip out from the cabin was a drive over to nearby Quincy to see the horses that Brianna takes care of during her summers working in Graeagle and to see Feather River College where Brianna will start school in 2014.
7) This is Brianna with Bambi, the horse she plans to train during her Equine Studies program. We baked cookies for all the horses and spent some time out in the pasture feeding (and petting) them.
Return to Alan and Jonna's Travel Page
Return to Alan's Home Page