Subject: Re: YKYBHTLW�

From: Steven Mading <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 01:19:01 GMT

YKYBHTLW you find yourself composing regular expressions on the
fly in your head to help look up something in the encyclopedia,
or to find the restroom on on of those building room-directory
boards, or to find your favourite show in the T.V.  listings.

When you go so far that you begin looking for the '^' key on the
T.V. remote control (so that you can make sure you only find your
T.V. show's name when it's at the start of an entry), then it's
time to go to sleep.  Expecially when you think you've found the
carat (^) key on the remote, so you hit the key and nothing happens.
So you hit it again.  And again.  And again.  And ... dammit - why
is the T.V. so loud all of a sudden?

-- 
[email-masked] - In order to prevent programmers from
being able to make mistakes one would need to prevent programmers
from being able to make programs.  Hence if your goal is to avoid
programming errors then there's no point in drafting up constricting
rules and regulations.  Just delete the compiler from the system.
It is a much faster and more complete means toward the same ends.