Subject: YKYBHTLW (was Re: Poll: Why arent you the perfect goth?)

From: [email-masked] (David Gerard)
Date: 11 Jul 1995 16:32:26 +1000

On Fri, 07 Jul 1995 10:14:58 GMT, [email-masked] wrote:
:[email-masked] (Scythrop) wrote:

:>Frankly, you are all ridiculous.  No one is the perfect goth while
:>utilising electricity and the telephone wire.  In the future, please
:>forward my Usenet messages telepathically by candelabra-light.
:>Merci.

:Electricity and the telephone wire??? Is that what everyone else
:has been using?? Surely you jest. Well, your tele-msg came
:through just fine but my telepathic powers are not terribly
:reknowned; perhaps mine are not making it through and I'm just
:thinking in the silence as my candles slowly shorten through the
:night....

:katydid..."You mean you used a computer to read alt.gothic????"

This morning, I dreamt that I was reading Usenet and accessing the Web by
something like a wireless modem in my mind. (I'm pretty sure there was
no device used in the dream -- that it was a sort of mental soft-modem.)
I remember being asleep (in the dream) and knowing I was asleep ... and
still reading the news in my sleep. I was even carried off to somewhere
else by someone (hospital?) and I remember my sleeping-but-aware mind (in
the dream) thinking, "Damn, hope the connection holds ..."

I guess that would count as Usenet-by-telepathy.

Crossposted to alt.folklore.computers for the YKYBHTLW thread. Dreams like
that mean you're reading too much news.

--
<.signature currently under reconstruction -- please wait.> Please email impor-
tant followups (crappy and constipated newsfeed) Rev Dr David Gerard VUT SRC
Footscray NoName [email-masked] (preferred) [email-masked]
July 5, 1998, 7 AM. Saucers. End of the world. Your US$30 is your trip ticket.