Subject: YKYBHTL

From: [email-masked] (Andrew C Bulhak)
Date: 16 Aug 1995 09:49:13 GMT

You know you've been hacking too long when....

.... you receive an electronic message from someone asking a yes/no question
and reply with "y" (or "n").

Happened to me the other day.

acb
"because...."

-- 
/d/def/s/scale/u/dup/f/forall{load def}{loop}stopped pop/r{u 1 lt{-1 0 moveto 1
1 lineto stroke}{[[(ha_a0\211)(db\\h\(~)(eVhdOj)(jd_dbd)(dh\\bT\200)(f_ab^\211)
(c]ffe\201)(`@h`x\200)(cZhd#h)(hb^d0v)(`Lh`8t)(eVhd\223~)(gj^a\230j)(h_ab\210a)
(gd^c\211\205)]{[exch{96 sub}f]}f]{gsave 1 64 div u s concat u 1 sub r grestore
}f}ifelse pop}d 240 u s 1.25 1 translate 4 r showpage% - [email-masked] -

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Miller)
Date: 19 Aug 1995 06:43:50 GMT

>and reply with "y" (or "n").

... or you're talking to someone and want to know what the time is, and 
you catch yourself saying "date?"

Charles Miller
         (question mark included to indicate inflection.)

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin D. Quitt)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:49:45 GMT

>you catch yourself saying "date?"

or you want to know if someone wants to go to lunch, so you send them the
message "foodp?"

--
#include	<standard.disclaimer>
 _
Kevin D Quitt  USA 91351-4454		96.37% of all statistics are made up

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Bailward)
Date: 31 Aug 1995 02:51:17 GMT

You know you've been on the WWW to long (we all have our faults...) when you 
see a car dealer sticker on the trunk of a car that is well done and 
interesting and think to yourself "hmmm.... netscape 1.x enhanced"

or

YKYBHTL when (on a friday) you drive by a sign at a club that says "TGIF" and 
think "is that a new graphics format?  what was wrong with .GIF".  Then you 
suddenly realize that it couldn't be - it is 4 characters long and DOS only 
allows 3 char extensions....

That was a LONG week!

alan

#inlcude <std_OS_disclaimer>