Subject: Re: You know you've been hacking too long...

From: [email-masked] (Alexander M. Bilan)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 95 02:31:21

Once when having typed at the computer most of the day, I actually had to
write(!) something down and made a spelling error. I stopped mid-word, while
my hand immediately went to where the 'delete' key is supposed to be.

Mr.V-8
  //  The opinions expressed above are strictly the opinions of my fingers
\X/   and may not reflect the opinions of the other apendages.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Duetschler)
Date: 7 Jul 1995 02:17:02 GMT

Once I aimed my remote at the TV and pointed it at the upper left corner, 
where the "close" box should have been, and double-clicked the "power" 
button on the remote.

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Jarvis)
Date: 7 Jul 1995 01:29:00 -0500

YKYBHTLW you groggily wake up in the morning after a late night debugging
and you try to power-cyle your alarm clock.  (true story)

                                               -michael
-- 
Michael Jarvis   |  Finger for PGP Public key  |   QNSnet Technical Support
[email-masked]  | http://www.qns.com/~mjarvis |   Questar Network Services
GCS d H- s+++: g? p+ au a25 w+ v C++++ USL++++$ P++++ L++>+++ 3- E--- N++ K
W-- M- !V po Y+ t+ 5 j R G+ tv b+++ D++ B- e+>++ u+ h---(*) f+ r+++ !n y+++

---

From: Out of his mind <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 15:41:45 -0500

All true:

YKYBHTLW you write down the word "grep" in a school paper where you mean
to say "search".

YKYBHTLW you mentally convert the dresser clock's digital display 
(obviously now reading past 6 AM) into hexadecimal.

YKYBHTLW patters seem to emerge in the BCD representation of pi.
(0011.00010100000101011001011000100011010110001001....)

-----
=== Todd Vierling - UFNet, AmiNIX - [email-masked], [email-masked] ===
== Have you done your reality check today? == Exon is more gross black goo ==
== LAISSEZ-FAIRE - No Internet Censorship! == than the Valdez ever carried ==
== This post may be reprinted in full, but not by Apple Comp. or Microsoft ==

---

From: [email-masked] (Rob Freundlich)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 13:33:29 GMT

>my hand immediately went to where the 'delete' key is supposed to be.

You Know You've Been Using Pen Computing Too Long When your pen-and-paper 
notes start using the Graffiti character set and you draw a backwards line to 
erase a mistake.

---
Rob Freundlich, Senior Software Engineer | "males are biologically driven
IDX Systems Corporation                  |  to go out and hunt giraffes"
                                         |                - Newt Gingrich
 "Some folks you don't have to satirize, you just quote em" - Tom Paxton

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Bailey)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:29:17 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Rob
Freundlich) wrote:

-> In article <[email-masked]>,
->    [email-masked] (Alexander M. Bilan) wrote:
-> > Once when having typed at the computer most of the day, I actually had to
-> >write(!) something down and made a spelling error. I stopped mid-word, while
-> >my hand immediately went to where the 'delete' key is supposed to be.
-> 
-> You Know You've Been Using Pen Computing Too Long When your pen-and-paper 
-> notes start using the Graffiti character set and you draw a backwards
line to 
-> erase a mistake.

As a newton user, I've found myself trying to do the Newton scrub gesture
to delete a word on paper. Luckily, no one really notices so it isn't
really embarrasing.

-- 
Jim Bailey          Software Consulting Services for Mobile Computing
Internet: [email-masked]      NewtonMail: jdb ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr Ivan D Reid, �SR Facility, PSI)
Date: 11 Jul 1995 13:51 +0200

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bill Duetschler) writes...
>where the "close" box should have been, and double-clicked the "power" 

	Almost did that myself yesterday.  I wanted to check the time-lapse
satellite pictures on the service channel to see how the thunderstorms were
developing.  I managed to catch the right portion of their cycle of info, but
apparently there was a glitch in the Mac they use to cycle the pictures, and
it stayed stuck on one particular frame.  After staring at it for a minute or
so, I started thinking about clicking on the spinning globe to break the
connexion and try again...

Ivan Reid, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH.     			[email-masked]